In this video we receive a new hotspot kit, we put it together with a bit of soldering, we download the software, install and then walk through configuring the hotspot.
By putting one together on your won you can save a lot of money. For some, hotspots are new to them and hopefully this video lowers an anxiety about building their own from a kit.
In the video I solder the display into the pins above where the labels are. The correct pins are on the top row above the labels, not the bottom row. If your is like mine, it will come with no instructions.
- How to get your DMR ID: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i00l2Zi7WQo
- How to sign up for for Brandmeister Account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goQE67BfcUc&t=9s
- Setting up your Brandmeister hotspot password: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBfWZQdEvN0
- Pi-Star Download: https://www.pistar.uk/downloads/ Raspberry
- Pi Imager: https://www.raspberrypi.com/software/
- Ebay link to this hotspot: https://www.ebay.com/itm/402955498698
Learn more about the Mid-Atlantic Wireless Communication Group: https://mawcg.org
Join our discord: https://mawcg.org/discord/
- Fast and Run – Nico Staf
- ES_Nucleus – Rambutan
- ES_Bryant Bark – Dylan Sitts
- ES_Breaths – AGST
- ES_Sophia – Raccy
- ES_GQ – Blue Steel
- ES_Oopsy – Ballpoint
- ES_Things to Do – Ballpoint
- ES_Hotshot – oomiee