In this video we receive a new SHARI hotspot kit for the Raspberry Pi, we put it together with a bit of soldering, we download the HamVOIP image, install it and walk through configuring the software to run on the SHARI.
The SHARI hotspot allows you to have a node on AllStar and Echolink right in your shack. You cn use a simple handheld radio to control it.
Look for more videos in the very near future on how to use the SHARI hotspot from your radio and setting up more features.
- How to sign up for for an Allstar Account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-XDlahGiTE
- Creating an AllStar Node: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THoAesBybTI
- HamVOIP image download: https://hamvoip.org/#download
- Raspberry Pi Imager: https://www.raspberrypi.com/software/
- The SHARI Pihat website: https://hamprojects.info/shari-pihat/
- PuTTY: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
Details from the video:
Connect via SSH with default HamVOIP port:
ssh -p 222 -l root [IP ADDRESS][ENTER]
If you change the port to default for SSH (22):
ssh -l root [IP ADDRESS][ENTER]
Changing boot files to disable serial tty:
Backup cmdline.txt first:
cp cmdline.txt ~ [ENTER]
nano cmdline.txt [ENTER]
remove console=ttyAMA0.115200 and kgdboc=ttyAMA0.115200 by backspacing them out
to save press CTRL and X at the same time, answer Y then press enter.
Verify The Change
Backup config.txt first:
cp config.txt ~ [ENTER]
On the line right below the first comment (line with #) add:
to save press CTRL and X as the same time, answer Y then press enter.
Verify The Change:
Reboot the SHARI Hotspot
Setting Radio Options:
Learn more about the Mid-Atlantic Wireless Communication Group: https://mawcg.org
Join our discord: https://mawcg.org/discord/
- Fast and Run – Nico Staf
- ES_Nucleus – Rambutan
- ES_Bryant Bark – Dylan Sitts
- ES_Breaths – AGST
- ES_Sophia – Raccy
- ES_GQ – Blue Steel
- ES_Oopsy – Ballpoint
- ES_Things to Do – Ballpoint
- ES_Hotshot – oomiee